Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brese plane front bun tweak

I made a new temporary front bun and matched the height of the rear infill. With Brese's recommendation, I also changed the escapement angle to 15 degrees, so the top of the bun would maintain it's length. It would have been quite skinny had I simply raised and kept the original angle. I sacrificed a bit of space in the escapement, but the comfort level is much nicer- the larger front bun is a definite improvement. However, I'm a little concerned about the escapement being a bit small for my fingers. I can get my portly finger in, but just. I'm going to swap out the larger for the smaller bun and compare. But I think I'm set on the larger bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.